Dear Valued Customer,
What is Personal Data
Personal data is information about an identifiable individual. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. An individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual may also be considered personal information.
Personal data may include, but not be limited to, your name, contact details, mailing address, e-mail address, occupation, identification card number, passport number, income, employer’s details, security recordings, images (photographs and video recordings) and any other such information that may be relevant to your application or request in your dealings with Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd.
Collection of Personal Data
Personal details are only collected if you provide them to us, directly or indirectly from third parties, website or public sources, but not limited to:
- When you contact us through Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd retail store outlets;
- When you contact us through Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd website or Facebook page or other social media channels;
- When you contact our customer service and/or sales staff;
- Through marketing activities or events, for example at road shows, exhibitions and / or business card collections;
- Through third parties such as our business partners and / or your agents;
Data collected through participation in customer satisfaction surveys and/or responses to communications;
- Data provided by you such as comments, queries or messages submitted to Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd in whatever manner.
Processing of Personal Data
The processing of the personal data as provided under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 means collecting, recording, holding or storing the personal data or carrying out any operations or set of operations on the personal data, but not limited to:
- To process your order to purchase our products and / or services.
- To verify your identity when you contact us.
- To respond to inquiries, comments and suggestion from you.
- To enable us provide you with your requested product and service.
- To assist Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd to detect and prevent fraud and/or illegal activities.
- For Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd internal records management.
- To carry out market analysis, research and customer profiling to study market trends.
- To provide you with customer support and after-sales services.
- To facilitate your participation in any contest, event and / or membership / loyalty program.
- To improve the quality of Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd ‘s products and / or services.
- To support business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making.
Additionally, your personal data may be collected, processed and used for the following optional purposes:
- To deal with the mailing and communication of information literature (e.g. invitations to exclusive events, information on promotions and offers, sending magazines and/or newsletters).
- To identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd ‘s products and services.
Disclosure of personal data
Your personal data provided to us may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under the law or pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes or directly related to the purposes stated.
- Entities within Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd.
- Our partners such as insurance companies, banks and financial institutions.
- Government departments or agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators.
- Law enforcement agencies.
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditor, lawyer, company secretary, service providers, printing company, telecommunications company, contractor, events and training organizers and other advisers).
- Associated companies and outsourcing partners.
- Data center and servers for storage purpose.
Right to access and correct personal data
Subject to the exceptions provided under Malaysian law, you may request for access to, correction, update or limit the processing thereof at any time hereafter.
If you wish to withdraw consents which you have provided voluntarily, kindly confirm to Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd by submitting such request via post or e-mail to the following address:
Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd
13 & 15, Jalan Bunga Melur 5,
Taman Suria Jaya. Cheras,
56100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Brillian IT Distribution Sdn Bhd may modify or update this privacy notice to reflect any changes to its privacy practices, without prior notice and any such amendment will be notified via our website. We assure you that we are practicing prudent actions when dealing with your personal data for the activities mentioned above and also are requesting the parties that deals with us to enter into a Non-Disclosure Agreement as a step towards complying with our Data Integrity Policy.
We trust that you consent and agree to the terms above with respect to our processing of your personal information. If you do not consent to the above, kindly contact us.